The Best of SLC™ is designed to discover and recognize the best companies and places that the Salt Lake area has to offer. Are you one of them?
At Inbound Systems, we love putting on these awards and thank you for your participation and support!
There are three stages of the Best of SLC awards that span a couple of months.
Nominations (Stage 1)
- Salt Lake area residents can nominate an eligible organization/place for any category.
- For our 2022 awards, the nomination period is from January 25–February 7, 2022.
- Nominations are subject to Inbound Systems approval to ensure the category is relevant to the candidate.
- Based on nominations and reviews, we will announce up to 10 candidates per category by the end of February. These candidates will advance to Stage 2 as nominees.
- IMPORTANT: Once your company has been named as an official nominee, be sure to claim it by April 6, 2022! Companies that claim their nomination are given preference in the final results (i.e. tie breakers).
Voting (Stage 2)
- Salt Lake area residents with a mobile phone can vote for a nominee.
- For our 2022 awards, the voting period is March 21–April 6, 2021.
- To retain the most reliable results, participants are restricted to one vote per category. Participants may vote for the same company more than once IF it’s in a different category.
- The top three nominees with the highest score in each category (averaged, if multiple locations) move onto Stage 3 as finalists.
- Finalists will be announced on our website as soon as we are able to verify the results.
- To obtain votes, nominees may share the voting page via email, social media, radio ads, etc. Nominees may not incentivize or pay for votes.
Reputation (Stage 3)
- This is where the Best of SLC Business Awards shine! Rather than just a popularity contest of votes, we also count online reviews. Specifically, we’ll capture the previous 12 calendar months of reviews leading up to April 6, 2022.
- A finalist’s overall rating and the number of 5-star reviews (averaged, if multiple locations) on Google are included in the equation. Basically, the higher the rating and the more 5-star reviews received, the better the chances are of winning.
- We will also reference data from the Better Business Bureau to make sure only the best businesses are crowned the winners. BBB Accreditation does not influence results.
- Because reviews are more difficult to obtain, we give them more value in the final calculation. Our simplified formula for determining the winners of each category:
5-Star Reviews x Overall Rating + Votes
Announcing the Winners
Once the votes and reviews have been tallied, and we’ve checked the BBB ratings for each finalist, we’ll reveal who they are on our website in April, 2022.
We will first announce the winners at our Best of SLC Business Awards Banquet across two evenings on May 10-11, 2022 in the Salt Lake area.
If you’re a finalist, be sure to get your tickets as soon as they become available! We sell out very quickly. At the banquet, expect to be entertained while you enjoy a nice dinner as we announce the winners for our 2022 Best of SLC Business Awards. It really is a great time!
For those who are not able to attend the event, we will also announce the winners here on our website within a few business days.
Finally, we’ll announce the finalists and winners in our annual Best of SLC Magazine that is scheduled to be published within a couple of months after the awards banquet.
NOTE: We reserve the right to update and/or clarify these guidelines at our own discretion and without notice. Check back for updates.