The use of our names, logos, and images are of utmost importance to the integrity of our contests and brands.
By participating in the contest, whether as a contributor, nominee, voter, finalist, winner, sponsor, partner, vendor, or otherwise, you agree to comply with these guidelines.
In return, we grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free limited license to use our brand assets as set forth below.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify these guidelines, and to take action against any use that does not conform to these guidelines. Except as set forth below, we do not grant to you any right, title, or interest in our brands. This is also not a trademark license. Your use of our brands within these guidelines will inure to the benefit of Inbound Systems, and we disclaim any warranties, either expressed or implied by law regarding our brands, including warranties of noninfringement. These guidelines shall be governed by the laws of the State of Idaho, without regard to conflict of law principles, and Ada County in the same state shall be the venue for any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms.
Best of SLC™
You may reference the Best of SLC™ contest in text form as long as it is not misleading. In no way should it give a false impression.
For instance, if you are a nominee, the reader should not be led to believe that you won the contest.
When using the Best of SLC™ name, follow these guidelines:
- Do not combine “Best”, “of” and “SLC” as one word (i.e. BestofSLC).
- Whenever possible, include the ™. This can often be done by pressing Alt + 2 on the keyboard.
You may use our logo only as approved and provided by us. Typically, the logo will not be permitted for stand-alone use. Instead, it will often be found inside a shield or pre-designed graphic (see below).
The reason is subtle, but important! Let’s say you win our 2019 contest and publish only the contest logo on your website. This is incomplete and perhaps misleading. The logo does not indicate which year you won, the region (if applicable) they won, nor does it indicate whether or not you were a nominee, finalist, or winner.
When using the Best of SLC™ logo, follow these guidelines:
- Obtain our expressed approval prior to using our logo. When asking, please provide specific details on how you will use it.
- If approved, please do not alter the files we provide you in any way. If you need it in a different format, please ask us.
After the end of each contest we provide shields in digital format for named finalists and winners of our contests.
When using our shields, follow these guidelines:
- Only use the shield provided to you in the manner it was intended. For instance, if you’re a finalist, you may not use the winner shield. As well, if you use a contest shield when attracting votes, cease use of this shield immediately upon completion of the voting period.
- Do not alter the shields in any way. This includes the following removing the border, removing the Inbound Systems logo, changing the text, or altering the colors.
- If you need the shield in a different file format, or need a black and white version, please ask us.
- Use of the shield(s) is only for the brand that it applies to. As an example, if you change your company name for any reason, you may not use the shield provided without further expressed approval from us.
For the convenience of our participants, we will from time to time provide pre-designed graphics. This may include graphics in digital or printed format.
When using our pre-designed graphics, follow these guidelines:
- Graphics intended for temporary use must be taken down and/or unpublished in a timely manner. For instance, “vote for us” graphics must be removed as soon as possible after the end of the voting period.
- Do not alter the pre-designed graphics in any way.
- If you need the graphics in a different file format, please ask us.
- If you’d like to design your own graphics using an annual contest shield, please ask us.
Please do not misuse our brands! We actively monitor use of our brands online and in-person.
If, at our sole discretion, we find that you are misusing any of our brands in any way, we may request that you remedy or cease use of it. We may attempt to deliver our request to you via email, by phone, or in-person. Upon such request, you must immediately comply. Failure to adhere to our request will force us to seek legal counsel in order to protect the integrity of our brands. Please do not let it come to this… We all know that legal counsel isn’t cheap!